Sunday 4 March 2007

Solar & Nuclear

As I've said before, I like solar - in fact prefer it to just about any other form of energy production. However, the data I've seen suggests it can not produce the sustained capacity to 'economically and efficiently power a nation', etc. Even if solar and nuclear are deployed together - each receiving the exact subsidy (in cents per unit of net energy production) as Dr. Switkowski has suggested will be needed; I still see nuclear coming out on top or at least being justified as a significant base-load option.

I enjoyed this editorial from the Geelong Advertiser. It contains some frank statements - that if properly considered and addressed by a variety of stakeholders could really progress some action on the issues involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment